Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Answers Randy at least mine ...

Randy, who is an American war veteran and a diverse thinker, asked some questions a week or so ago and i thought i would give them a shot. I think he is trying to determine if you live by some standards and consider your self a worthy individual.

So I will attempt to answer them in some fashion below. I had a good win in court last week, there is nothing like winning in court. Its cold up here and its time to go get warm again is all I can say

Answers:

1. Whose the last person you've helped, but didn't have to?


I cant tell you his name but I represented a guy the other in a Contempt Hearing today. Contempt is where one Party suggests that another party didn't follow an order of the Court. He is the son in law of a friend I represented against her daughter. he has a second wife and between child support and supporting the second family he can't afford legal services. He is not alone in this country in that we have fewer avenues to free legal help and many cant afford to even have a conversation with an attorney.

2. Whose the last person you loved but didn't want to?

Physically loved no one, emotionally loved someone that I didn't want to, I don't think I have ever done that either. I haven't ever been torn up emotionally loving someone I didn't want too.


3. Whose the last person you hated, but couldn't help it?

See the question like the one above is hard for me to consider and answer because I don't believe one does something that they cant help. I also try not to hate anyone in life I find it's such a terrible waste of energy.


4. What means most to you, but could do without?


I believe there is no single thing I couldn't live without as far as materially but freedom means the most to me but even that can be taken from a person and they can exist. But I would say the freedoms we enjoy as Americans and that includes the right to change the status quo.


5. At the end of the day what can you do better, and will you try to?


I could do everything better but seriously i don't think ill try harder to do any thing better as I'm rather satisfied with my life as far as my skills. And I have never been one to strive for perfection, I just try and do a good job every day.


6. Can you ignore want and acknowledge necessity?


yes I can ignore want and I know I can because once you have enough money to buy things you don't need want is something you realize is not always necessary. Acknowledge necessity if you mean stay within some boundaries and don't go to excess yes I can do that.


7. What is fucked up in your LIFE that you CAN change but never will?


Probably that I have ignorant friends and family members and I'm not sure i have the energy or the desire to change people who should already know how to act.


8. What is fucked up in the WORLD that you CAN'T change but will try?


If i know i can't change it then I probably wouldn't try even if its fucked up, I mean why waste the energy where it can not produce any results.


9. Would you denounce your convictions to save the life of one person/millions?


Yes, because my convictions aren't worth someone life unless of course it my life.


10. Would you follow your convictions if it lead to the injustice of one person/millions?


No, once again my convictions aren't worth an injustice done to another. But unlike the question above where saving a life is a black and white issue, which would lead a rational person i hope to save that life, injustice really falls into the grey areas of the world. I mean what i might consider justifiably another may not for religious or cultural reasons. So when i answer the question i did it from the view point of what i see as justice.


11. Is your life about giving or taking?


At this point in life I try to make my life more about giving in a lot of different ways. I believe that everyone that comments on a blog gives a little and every one who reads a blog takes a little, so here i guess from what we do we give and take, but in the real world, whether its in taxes to the government or other people or organizations i do try and give a little more than I take in life


12. If you die tomorrow, what footprints have you left?


I hope if I have left any that are remembered that they are to tread lightly in this world as it can be a dangerous place at times and to help your shipmates (bloggers too) in life who ever they for they may save your life some day. That doesn't mean to go without convictions or to let others run over you in life, rather i hope you see at it as:pick your battles wisely because not all battles are worth fighting, not all battles are winnable and not all battles mean a dam in life but when it does then fight to win.

Randy thanks for posing these questions and I hope I answered them appropiately.

I would like to thank a bunch of new followers for taking some time and reading this blog. Just who writes But Time Makes You Bolder; Jacob who writes Blogger (Blogspot) - yacbisolai; and Lady, gaylady and saexsboy who appear not to be writing blogs. Aaron who writes A Beautifool Chaos and my nephew AgentK who just stop blogging.

Also new followers and new bloggers are: jimi who writes My Side of the Stroy. and Jeremy who writes The Closet is Dark if you have time give them a read.

Thanks for Reading, take care and be safe, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all

Take care and be safe

Cvn70

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for answering. :-)

    It's interesting how different people's responses are, yet somehow familiar . . .

    ReplyDelete